Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: some basic questions, 0 by carrielamont

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright carrielamont

In reply to: some basic questions

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of some basic questions
carrielamont wrote:
First, check out http://www.wintersown.org. Trudi's method is about the only way I ever got seeds to grow.

Actually, I need to correct that. pgt, Welcome to davesgarden! We're nice people.

Now back to the seeds. What plants did you buy this year, that you liked? Nasturtium, sweet peas, impatiens, and some others are notoriously easy to grow. Seeds expire at different rates. Probably anything you buy now will be fine to sow this winter or next spring. I had pretty good results with a device made by Parks, which is not a great company for live plants but which makes OK equipment. I bought it at Home Depot. [I picked it over Burpee's version because it was a few bucks cheaper and because I don't like Burpee either.] Anyway, this thing has 72 (?) cells in it and a clear plastic top and drainage holes in the bottom. Were I in your position, I'd pick myself up a few of those. Of course, you'll probably have to wait until next winter to find them for sale.