Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Another lost named glad, 0 by dmj1218

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dmj1218

In reply to: Another lost named glad

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Another lost named glad
dmj1218 wrote:
I would say its not a miniature (what exactly the parameters of a miniature are--I do not know) but averages about 26-30" with the foliage--definitely not a meter tall. While it gets a lot of winter sun (nearby a deciduous tree), not nearly enough summer sun which I suspect is why blooming is sparse. What it will apparently take is a lot of water--it's definitely in one of the wetter winter areas of the property.

So if it blooms in almost full summer shade and will tolerate a lot of rainfall here--it would probably do really well for you.

I guess I was one of the few that bought it from B&B so they no longer carry it. That in itself does not surprise me (or probably you either) knowing my eccentric taste in bulbs.
=)

As far as my Glad species seedlings go--all are happily asleep, with the exception of G carneus which is tenaciously holding its own in the shade. I've decided just to stack the pots up on a shelf in the shade for the time being--after all, it's only 32C here at this time of year......the only thing I've actually brought in are some Oxalis and some Triteleia's which require absolute dry conditions--they are stored in almost pure sand. I figured that would work