Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: You Show Me Your Gardens . . . Part II, 0 by wildgardengirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wildgardengirl

In reply to: You Show Me Your Gardens . . . Part II

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of You Show Me Your Gardens . . . Part II
wildgardengirl wrote:
Here's a shot of my work-in-progress!
This is the second summer working on this bed - its the front walk leading from the garage/driveway around to my front door. I've got peonys, iris, columbine and chives flowering right now in the main bed. The red-leaved bush at the far end is a purple leaf sand cherry (Prunus cistena). Up along the front porch there are some hosta, and a baby shrub recently identified as a quince, which may have to move. Just slightly out of shot is the garage window (you can just see the corner of it), which is framed by two trellises with climbing roses making their way up, some more hosta, and some hibiscus. I've saved a large space under the window for a shrub - no idea what kind yet - that whole section is quite empty still.

Unfortunately things look a little scruffy in this picture, to the right you see the tulip & daffodil foliage dying back on both sides of my path. If you look closely, you can also see my weeds popping up between the step-stones. :( Ugh! I'm still trying to figure out what kind of ground cover I want between them - something low and walk-onable.