Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: You Show Me Your Gardens . . . Part II, 0 by DaleTheGardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DaleTheGardener

In reply to: You Show Me Your Gardens . . . Part II

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of You Show Me Your Gardens . . . Part II
DaleTheGardener wrote:
To all-

Almost all the plants in my cottage gardens are annuals, some of them don't make it thru the summer and need to be replaced after 3-4 months. I tried Oenothera of various kinds, they flower and then die. If I lived in this climate, in a country that didn't have access to the USA plant industry, I would never be able to grow the plants you see. I have to grow pansy, delphinium etc from starts, we never get cold enough for the seeds to sprout.

One of the beds I am planting now, at Lisa's, has 25 Rudbeckia fulgida and 80 Echinacea plants that I will pull up and toss in the fall. They are perennials for most of you. I would ship them to someone up north, but, they are huge at the end of the season and it would cost a fortune to send full grown plants. I had considered saving them, reselling them the next season, but, my whole plantable space is 15X12 and my landlord would flip if I dug up the lawn. One of my 5 clients has 2 flower beds that are 6X30 and I will be planting about 400 plants in them.

This is not one of my projects>