Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: My 2007 container gardening starts !, 0 by carrielamont

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright carrielamont

In reply to: My 2007 container gardening starts !

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My 2007 container gardening starts !
carrielamont wrote:

Oh, Tomtom, that's exactly what I cannot do! Any other suggestions?

Again everyone, beautiful. I remember pots and windowboxes on an island in Maine overflowing with nasturtiums the way Tomtom's (and Dale's) overflow. It's such a lush, plentiful look for us Northerners. Yet, because of the containers, it doesn't have that overgrown weed-me-please look that sometimes Southern gardens can get.

Here is a wintersowed blue pot of red and white California poppies. I was thinking of one of Tomtom's pictures of Alonsoa in a shallow pot when I sowed it. Right now it's like grass! Too thick? Every once in a while I thin a few and put them somewhere else. By the way, Tomtom, I sowed the red Alonsoa you sent me. Do you have a picture of the sprouts?

Anyway, I think Tomtom's signature look, that we all want, is thickly sown and no weeds and she never shows them when they're "unlook-at-able". :>) My carpet of California poppies looks the closest, to me, of most of what I've done to date.

xxxx, Carrie