Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Suzy's Garden, 0 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: Suzy's Garden

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Suzy's Garden
Illoquin wrote:
Patti,

Sounds like you could definitely go past his place on one of your trips up north, and yes! I would love to get to Arnold Arvboretum during Lilac time!!!! Just one more thing to put on the old to do list. This is the "to do before I die list" LOL!

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that about liliacs -- thought they were native -- at least the big vulgaris. I have 2 large named unusual lilacs and would love to dig them up to put in the regular vulgaris. One of mine is a purple-plum double and not worth the space it's taking up.

Toofew, I might have made a teeny tiny mistake by getting rid of all my perennials last year in favor of annuals....I sort of forgot about having to plant them all. LOL! Sunday I just bought a couple flats of perennials to put back in. I was sick of the old ones and not sorry I got rid of them. Sometimes they just don't look like the pictures in the catalogs and it's trial and error.

Here's what the garden looks like today. Off to the side and on the patio are more flat and pots of plants still yet to plant. On the left were the daffodils and now it's the "red bed" for Hummers.

I don't think I'll be finished planting before frost at this rate. Part of the problem is I am waiting on daffodil foliage to senesce. The other part of the problem is I have too much to do :)

Suzy