Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: First few attempts at containers, 0 by KatG

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KatG

In reply to: First few attempts at containers

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of First few attempts at containers
KatG wrote:
I think you've just done a fantastic job! Like you, I'm also really new at container gardening and just keep trying different combinations! The great thing is, if something doesn't look or do well, you just replace it. (although I have a hard time yanking out something that's thriving...usually goes into the left-over pot and turns out to be the best! haha).

I used to plant a couple of containers but never really tended to them that well! Well, what I'm finding out is...Container gardening is very addictive and you just keep adding. You definitely have a desire to water 30 pots instead of just 2! I am really, really enjoying it. Not only that...you can add so much color and interest to your garden. If things get too big, I can plant them outside in the ground.

I have all kinds of favorites depending how things grow, but right now - I really like this guy! Was kind of created with left-over plants - Poor thing! A little orphan planter...hehehe!

Enjoy and good planting!

Pic: Dwarf Papyrus, licorice plant, lobelia, ornamental sweet potato, and I'm not sure of the green plant, but I really like it!