Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Autumn Gardening, 0 by khopton

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright khopton

Subject: Autumn Gardening

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Autumn Gardening
khopton wrote:
Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a new subject thread to hear how everyone is going with your 2007 Autumn gardening. We've just started our front garden after letting the lawn die over summer (easy enough with no rain!). We plotted out pathways and beds and have started planting mostly drought tolerent plants. (Picture shows the creation in the first week.) OK, I confess I've added a few higher need plants for sentimental reasons but that's definitely the minority. Our style would probably be considered cottage. I've dedicated one bed to all natives. A bit worried because our pH is so high- 8.5!! Yikes! but nothing has blinked yet. Anyway, would love to hear about all your Autumn projects and how you're enjoying the rain and IF you are lucky enough to see some rain now. One question; I live in Adelaide and I'm not too sure what my Zone is (USDA). I thought maybe 10a but not 100% convinced. Any thoughts???