Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Blue flowers, 0 by Zuzu

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Zuzu

In reply to: Blue flowers

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Blue flowers
Zuzu wrote:
Pretty Ajuga, Agebhart. It's blue enough for me. Sorry about your weekend freeze.

Neal, mine melt away in summer, even in deep shade, and they don't reappear until the weather turns cold again. I agree with the denim comparison. That one looks like old denim, and the single that's two above that one looks like new denim.

Claypa, I love Cineraria. It doesn't last well up here. Too hot. I used to grow tons of it in San Francisco. It loved the fog.

Ecrane, that's one of my favorite blues too. Have you ever grown the wildcat variety -- orange with a blue center? I was at Annie's Annuals yesterday and wanted to get some Anagallis, but the ones they had were too young and tiny to buy, so I'll have to wait and go back in a few weeks. I did get some really cool other blues, though -- Primula capitata, Phacelia, and some others.

Here's another Lithodora. This one's the Star variety. I had to hunt all over the Web for it a couple of years ago, but now it's available everywhere, even at Long's drugstore.