Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: April daily weather; Meteor hits PA!, 0 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: April daily weather; Meteor hits PA!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April daily weather; Meteor hits PA!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning everyone and Happy Easter! :-)

It's warming up again here - already 44°F at 9 am. It's overcast, there is a light breez - so glad the wind's calmed down from last night.

Those are some crazy temps all over - those late cold spells are a pain.

Tigpie - I like the cod too - but for some reason icelanders don't eat much of it although it's one of our main export products. We mostly eat haddock for some odd reason - don't like that nearly as much - my favorite is salmon. Iceland is traditionally a fishing nation and although the fishing industry is not as important now as it used to be it's still a big part of the economy. I try to have 2 fish meals a week - when I was growing up we ate a lot more fish ....... and I really hated it ..... ;-)

EB - wonderful photos! Since it's so darn cold the snow cover really is a blessing since it keeps the plants insulated ;-) It's a lot worse to get a bad freeze with no snow.

Deb - hope the sheets do their job. I'm afraid it would be a big mess if I tried that here - they wouldn't stay on the ground very long .......

Ric - nice hosta - hope they all make it!

Kelli - another gorgeous view!!

Kiska - glad to see the snow is melting! Some bare ground must be a welcome sight by now!

Have a wonderful day all!

Rannveig