Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring seed starting (indoors) Part 2, 0 by Early_Bloomer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Early_Bloomer

In reply to: Spring seed starting (indoors) Part 2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring seed starting (indoors) Part 2
Early_Bloomer wrote:
A couple of years ago I bought a bunch of those seed starter flats with the little peat pellets for a buck each on clearance at the local Home Depot. I'm trying to start some seeds--mostly cottage garden types of flowers-- with varying degrees of success. I'm not using any lights or extra heating sources but most of the seeds are germinating. I bought one of those little portable greenhouses at Wal_mart to keep everything in. I keep it in the back-room near the sliding glass doors. Before the weather turned nasty I was rolling it out unto the deck during the day.

So far Blue Fountain mix delphinium, cleome, butterfly weed, tithonia, Prairie Yellow coneflowers, White Swan echinacea, African daisy, foxgloves, larkspur, cosmos, and cosmidium have sprouted and are growing. Bells of Ireland and Himalayan Blue poppies have not germinated yet. I don't have much hope for the poppies. I just planted some sweet peas today.

Here's a couple of pics.

early_bloomer