Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: sleeping snowy landscapes at my house, not so long ago!, 0 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

Subject: sleeping snowy landscapes at my house, not so long ago!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of sleeping snowy landscapes at my house, not so long ago!
critterologist wrote:
I was posting a word description http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3330692 of the various garden and landscaped areas in our 1/2 acre yard, and Gita wanted to see pictures.... I tend to focus on flowers and bugs and smaller groups of plants when I've got my camera in my hand, but I do have some snow scene photos that should give you a general idea of the layout here...

Our lot is shaped like an elongated, lopsided pentagram. The shortest side is along the front sidewalk (we live at the end of a cul-de-sac), and the front yard is fairly small. The rear lot line in back has two sides that join at nearly a 90 degree angle.

This first photo is taken from the back patio (center back of the house), looking toward the right rear lot line. The tree at the far left of the photo is just about where the rear lot lines meet. The "fence row" of trees is (barely) on our property -- hooray! The field behind the trees is unfortunatly slated for development in the next couple of years (we were pretty sure that would happen eventually when we moved in, so while it's not fabulous, it's not a surprise that we'll lose our view).

The perennial garden area runs in front of the fence row... the oriental lily bed is about in the center of the photo. All the way to the left, you can see the remnants of pepper plants that were at the far end of the veggie bed last year.

There are little daffs in bloom all around the mimosa tree (right side) now -- what a difference a few weeks make!