Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Devoted Canadian Iris Lovers, 0 by Moby

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Moby

In reply to: Devoted Canadian Iris Lovers

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Devoted Canadian Iris Lovers
Moby wrote:
Hi everybody!

Glad to see a lively discussion already! I suppose I'll have my boggy garden one fine day ~ now that I have the room for it. Thanks for the tips, Inanda. Last November, DH and I bought a house; nothing terribly fancy but best of all it has a huge yard. Don't recommend moving a garden that time of year, though. Was fortunate to have 5 DG super-gardeners come help or I would have been in a world of hurt. It can be very cold here but nothing compared to winters experienced in Minnesota. Lordy! Nothing like getting hit in the face with -40° and a -70° wind chill. I'm sure Canadian winters are just as charming.

What got me wondering about all of this is that I've had to completely adjust my approach to gardening. I've gone from nearly all high shade to full sun. For 11 years I was desperate for flowers that would bloom in shade and now I have to go the opposite direction. I'm utterly mind-boggled!

Thanks for the info Sandy and Laurie ~ LA would probably be OK here as I have the sun and heat for them, which is good because I don't bring plants in to winter-over. It's do or die around here. :)

threegardeners ~ you don't need to have names ( I have lots of those myself) So I imagine you have tall bearded and... how tall are the mini's? Little bitty ones like Sparky?