Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Cheap Gardener, 0 by pennefeather

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pennefeather

In reply to: Cheap Gardener

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cheap Gardener
pennefeather wrote:
Woodspirit1, you sound like a good friend. I was thinking that once some of my plants get larger, I want to share some of the elderly couple next door and across the street. The couple across the street in particular are always admiring our garden. Unless I really blow it I should have plenty of flowers.

Here is a picture of some of the seedlings that I have planted. I still have some that are waiting to germinate, and be transplanted into pots, and some that I am going to pot up today. By the end of the day, the last empty shelf will be full. Next week, when I need to transplant my next group, I will move all the larger perennials from the top. I have some echinacea that I got from HD and Ebay that can survive without the lights. All the echinacea and the daylilies are going to go into my garage. Its unheated, but there is plenty of light. Right now, I have about two dozen daylilies in the garage. All of them are growing.

Each shelf has two lights. Last year, I did one, but I think they really need two to make sure that all of them get a sufficient amount of light.

I'm still not going to be able to fit all the seedlings on these two shelves, but I can't buy a third one. I just got the second one two weeks ago! There's always the guest bedroom.