Northeast Gardening: New member, 0 by ckk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ckk

In reply to: New member

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New member
ckk wrote:
gram, TD, tehegemon: I'm glad that you like the pictures! I posted another one in this post. I have been taking macro pictures of flowers for twenty years, but didn't really get going seriously until digital cameras became available (instant gratification!). I have an Olympus digital that takes wonderful close-ups, and I like to use my husband's Canon digital SLR. Costco has some new DSLRs for good prices, so I'm tempted to get one of my own. What's with Costco selling bare root roses and fruit plants right now in the Northeast? There's no way that my ground is dry enough to work, not to mention the freezing temps out there!

Anyway, TD, your kale comment reminded me of my Dad - he is one of those super gardeners that seems to make everyrhing that he grows bigger than normal - his vegetables look like someone irradiated them! Everything he touches grows amazingly well, and completely organically. He used to grow kale, but the bed was always being raided by critters at night. He was so upset that he used to doze on the back porch at night, hoping to scare away intruders! Finally, he gave up and moved on to other (freakishly large) things. He has since moved down to Florida, and the first time that we visited, I immediately knew which was his house in his development of pretty-much-identical homes - the one with the gigantic flowers overrunning the yard! Too funny.