Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: By special request (part 2), 0 by wallaby1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

In reply to: By special request (part 2)

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of By special request (part 2)
wallaby1 wrote:
We have had two spring days, not as good today but it improved in the afternoon. I managed some more tidying, finished the delphinium bed, and today got a barrow of compost mixed to plant yet more bulbs! It felt really warm yesterday, temperatures probably around 12-13C, mid fifties F. There was a Red Admiral butterfly flitting around, some bumble bees, me flitting around....

Neal you MUST get some Lady Ferns, they are so easy and grow huge. It is next to the paved area and likely has it's roots gettng moisture held there, when I dug to put it in there was barely room to go down, I hit something like black coal.

Following around the bend by the hosta bed, there are some self set Campanula carpatica and Omphallodes which self set from O. Starry Eyes, but these don't have the stars! On the right is full of Lily of the Valley. In spring there are purple crocus, with Narcissus Jet Fire and Iris reticulata. It's too dry there for much to grow in the summer, I planted Anthemis nobilis Treneague, a non-flowering Chamomile which smells of aniseed, it all disappeared except some near the end where it gets some rain.