Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: weather topic again, 0 by Buttoneer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Buttoneer

In reply to: weather topic again

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of weather topic again
Buttoneer wrote:
Hi Gita, no, you have not offended me. I am 63, overweight, and I am still doing my PT exercises at home. I went in for a TKP Dec 6 and figured I would be out in 3 days and doing PT as an out-pt. What I didn't count on was the Pulmonary embolism and Atrial Fib in my heart as a result of the (high risk) surgery. I was in the hospital 2 weeks and put in rehab which was great because I worked out most of the morning and half of the afternoon and had that mechanical knee bender 1.5-3 hours a day. I got out of the hospital Dec 20 and went to out-pt PT 3 times a week until Feb 1 when I went back to work parttime, starting at 4 hours a day for 2 days, then the following week 4 hours a day for 3 days, and every week working gradually back to full time (40 hours). I am at 28 hours this week. I do my exercises at home in the evening. I use a cane at work because if I don't, I limp and lose my balance, but in the house, I do NOT use the cane at all. (I am trying to wean myself off that cane) I don;t even use the cane when I go down the steps to get in the greenhouse and when I was in PT, I was their best patient cause I got my knee to 90 degrees while I was in the hospital (before they took the staples out) and 120 degrees in PT. Anyway, I'm getting there. I was told I will probably be on coumadin the rest of my life and in June, when 6 months are up, and the blood clot is gone, if my heart is still fibrillating, they will do a cardioversion on me (put me to sleep & shock my heart to get it back in normal rhythm) and if that works, I will be fine. If it doesn't work, then I guess I get a pacemaker. I never felt "old" in my life until this surgery and all this extra stuff happened to me. Now I feel frail, if you know what I mean, but I haven't given up. As a matter of fact, I am going on a field trip with my local greenhouse club to Phipps Conservatory and the National Aviary in Pittsburgh, Pa (bus trip) and there will be a lot of walking there. Nice to meet a fellow TKR person. So glad to make your acquaintance. Here's a pix of my "new" knee. You will see 3 views, front, side and top. Let me know what you think. I took the pix of the x-rays in the dr's office. Cool, huh? Judy Showers