Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Painting kitty litter containers?, 0 by toofewanimals

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright toofewanimals

In reply to: Painting kitty litter containers?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Painting kitty litter containers?
toofewanimals wrote:
Hey ladies, I wasn't watching this thread, so sorry I missed your questions.

Ahi is a 'Bengal'. I got him for only $100 since I didn't get papers. A family I knew bought their bengals for $1000 each, then bred them till they got their money back. Ahi's litter was an extra and they sold him to me as a favor. Ahi has a marbled coat. They do come in spots and stripes too. Spots are the most expensive to buy, then stripes and then marbled.

Bengals tend to be a little more aggressive. He is mean to my other cat, and he did go through an aggressive peroid toward us for a short time till we taught him we were the VIP's. He is an excellent hunter outside and 'growls' like a dog at other cats. He is very vocal, but is not mean toward people at all anymore ... anyone. He loves to be petted and sits on my lap or any lap (even strangers) whenever possible.
From my experience with him, I wouldn't suggest anyone with cats other than Bengals get one. He really gets after my other cat.

gardenglory, sorry I don't know how big of a root system the lettuce gets. Maybe ask on a vegetable forum?

MsKatt, Most bulbs I overwinter now, I keep in smaller pots. Just put them in a closet and forget about them till spring. I'm trying a few gladiola bulbs in the garage in a paperbag this winter. I just checked on them and they seem fine. Last fall I in such a hurry, I took all my dahlias, put the name on the bulb with a magic marker and threw them all in one pot with a little potting soil and give them just a tiny bit of water each month. I have had trouble overwintering dahlias in the past, they dried up. Someone mentioned to water them once a month, and so far this has been working ... but just a tiny bit, or they will begin to grow. I have rain lilies, cannas and callas in their pots in the basement. I think the cat litter boxes will be too big for me to take down to the basement ... I've ordered a ton of callas. But I'm planning on putting each type into a smaller pot for the winter and then overwintering them.

MsKatt, Bitsy is so cute! I can't imagine a fullgrown kitty being that little! She looks so furry and soft!
We saved a stray once when we lived in Connecticut. Found him by the trash. He was an orange stripped kitten. Ugliest cat I ever saw! Had a string of toes going up each leg .... well he had at least six full toes on each paw and then you could feel several 'bumbs' going further up the leg ... Vet said they were undeveloped toes.
He was so anemic from the fleas and worms and ear mites that he would run across the room, then take a nap.
I loved him immediately. Sorry to say that he had Feline Leukemia and died several months later. Even more sorry to say that my 2 other cats had not been immunized and so they both ended up dying from it too about a year later. :o( Taught me a big lesson to get all of my cats immunized for it whether they go outside or not.

Hope this wasn't 'too much information' for you. :o)

Here is a picture of my other cat ... Candy ... she was a freebie from a 'Garage Sale'. :o)
She is the one Ahi loves to bite on (never draws blood though).