Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Inexpensive Heating Pad, 0 by fiddle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fiddle

In reply to: Inexpensive Heating Pad

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Inexpensive Heating Pad
fiddle wrote:
tdewire - thanks very much for the tip on the doggie heating pad. I just ordered it from the link you gave. Right now I am wrapping ziploc baggies (containing cofee filters/pepper seeds) in a bath towel and placing on top of two side-by-side flo gro lamps. Am using a cheap ($12) battery powered digital thermometer that I got from Bed Bath and Beyond to monitor towel wrap core temp. It has a sensor on a signal wire that allows me to monitor remote baggie temp (outdoor mode) as well as the ambient air temp (indoor mode), and also gives max and min temps for each mode. However, it is difficult to regulate the towel wrap temp, which gradually climbs to 95 or more, so have to watch it carefully. Have two dimmers left over from a remodeling project, so the doggie heating pad should be just perfect. I should be able to set and maintain the temp very close to a desired temp in the range of 80 to 85 degrees with this combination.