Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Japanese Maples: J. Maples in pots? Please post pics, 0 by jamie68

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamie68

In reply to: J. Maples in pots? Please post pics

Forum: Japanese Maples

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of J. Maples in pots? Please post pics
jamie68 wrote:
Hi all~~

Yes Sylvia, it is a weeping Maple, but the name eludes me. I believe it starts with 'Beni _____', but in my research there are many that have that word in the beginning of the name. The nursery only had 2, and the other one is gone. I am taking several leaves in to them in the spring, and they are going to try to help me figure it out. But they carry 100's of Japanese Maples so it may take a bit of detective work.....the leaves are only red for a short time, then they change to green with other colors in there, as you can see in the pic dated Nov. 16th. It's a fun Maple to have as it goes through so many color changes, probably my favorite........

This pic shows the leaves close up around the Hosta....they really have a lot of different tones, but it isn't Crimson Queen....that much I know. By July-August there is no red left....just greens of different shades, and then the Fall color show starts....with all kinds of colors..Orange, yellow, golden and some red.....

Thanks all for the help trying to ID this tree. I will let you all know what the nursery has to say. Maybe they can solve the mystery LOL :-)

Have a Great Day!
Jamie