Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: A Wonderful Nicotiana, 0 by ladygardener1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladygardener1

In reply to: A Wonderful Nicotiana

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Wonderful Nicotiana
ladygardener1 wrote:
Hi Brian,

Edinboro might have their own Garden Club, I know Albion does, I used to belong, but went back to work so there was not enough time in the day and meetings were during working hours.

I do grow Oriental lilies, don't have much luck with roses, Clay soil is a problem. I don't have room for fruit trees, I do mostly frowers. You can take a look at my journal to see what I do grow, there are some pictures of the plants too.

Have you visited Scotland Yard, it's the nursery on Fry Road. I stop their several times in the spring to get plants for my containers. They might have some info on trees what would be good for you, they do sell some nice looking ones.

I order my lilies from White Flower Farm, and buy perennials form Bluestone Perennials in Madison Ohio, they have small plants that they grow on site but I like to establish my plants at a younger age then drop in a mature plant. I usually drive to Madison but this year I mailed ordered and was not disappointed.

Chris

This is "Color Parade" from White Flower Farm