Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Stoic Maranta....sort of!, 0 by GrowHappy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GrowHappy

Subject: Stoic Maranta....sort of!

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Stoic Maranta....sort of!
GrowHappy wrote:
I had a kind of nice Maranta last year, but it never thrived b/c apparently it didn't like ME. LOL Well, I put it outdoors this summer and hoped for the best. I got maybe 1 new leaf and a sad, sad, sad 3 leaved plant. So, when it came time to bring the other kids indoors, I left it's pouty behind outdoors! Hmmmph!(I said well out of earshot of the plant). It has dipped down into the 20's in the last month or so. I went outside today to check on the "iffy" Epi and repot some plants and saw it..... just sitting there looking at me as I bandied about with the other kids. I walked over to it and picked up the pot. Not only were the 3 lonely leaves still in good condition, but there was a new leaf forming! Ya'll, I could not in good conscious continue to leave this plant outdoors to die. I brought her in and will give her another shot. It's said that this is the best part of arguing with your significant other....making up. LOL I know, I need some rest. I'm crazy.

This is the before picture....

GH