Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Links to Cottage Garden Photos, 0 by hey_jude

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hey_jude

In reply to: Links to Cottage Garden Photos

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Links to Cottage Garden Photos
hey_jude wrote:
Fantastic links lincoliness, you've been very busy.

Here, I spent the day being sick as a dog, not attending the wedding as planned but trying to keep my head above the water line. Meanwhile, friend David dug out my first bed, laid the cardboard and newspaper, spread grass clippings, pine straw, fruit and veggie kitchen scraps, composted steer manure and soil (new, not the old junk). He took only one picture, at the end of the day, nothing before or during.

Today, we have to back track somewhat because with my being so ill, he forgot about the curbing that was supposed to go in right after the digging. I think it will be ok, we can just pull the soil back from the edges and make the curbs. Once it's hardened, then replace the soil. At least that's what I'm hoping.

So, here's the one pic from yesterday. He placed my little reading child in the midst of the soil just for fun, not knowing where I had intended it to live. OOps just found he took two pics so both will follow.

Jude