Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Some really neat stuff, 0 by Plantcrazii

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Plantcrazii

Subject: Some really neat stuff

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Some really neat stuff
Plantcrazii wrote:
My dear sweet husband has bought all kinds of things to help me monitor what goes on in my greenhouse. He has really done some neat things for me and I just wanted to show them off because I am really proud of him. He mounted censors on the SW, NW, and NE walls plus one on the ourtside. He programmed these things to let me know if the temperature drops too low so that I can turn the heat up if I need to. He also has a humidity censor in there but it is not hooked up to the computer yet. So anytime I'm on my computer I can go to a certain URL and get a quick glance at the temperature readings. He is also hooking it up to another computer that will monitor things and sound an alarm if the temperature drops too low. I can also get detailed reports any time I want to. He also bought me one of those colorful lighted signs, you know the kind that have one line that scrolls across like you see on buildings to show the time and temperature or what special a store is having, that he put up in the livingroom that will show the temperatures of the greenhouse as well. This is not a big one that goes on buildings, it is just a one liner and not too big. I think he wanted to feel like he was a part of things and did this for me. He has other things to add which he will be adding a little at a time. I was just going to buy a little weather station but he wanted to do this for me. Here is a screen shot of what the graph looks like when showing the temps in the last 5 minutes.

Jesse