Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Shade Vines, 0 by BWebster

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BWebster

Subject: Shade Vines

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Shade Vines
BWebster wrote:
Hi - I'm Bonnie from Costa Mesa, Zone 10 and relatively new to DG and new to gardening. I finished building a small deck and arbor this summer, with only enough space for maybe two or three large pots, a few hanging baskets, a bistro table and two chairs – and with that it will be crowded. Three steps forward from the living room slider and three steps side to side about covers the amount of space I have for gardening. Condo living has its advantages, but space isn't one of them. Nevertheless, I've been determined to have something alive growing out my window and pretty to look at. Turns out, with the addition of the arbor, I have more shady area than full sun, but thought I’d attempt a couple of vines in pots. Any ideas? In this zone, plants chosen for the sunny spaces on my deck are unlimited. It’s the shade issue I would like advise on. With winter coming, I may be premature in asking my question. Still I'd be interested in knowing what you might like to share.

This is a repeated message I also posted on the California Gardening forum. Apologies for the redundancy, but I'm eager to learn.

Thanks a lot.
Bonnie