Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Don't laugh! October Garden Club Meeting at the Cemetery!, 0 by goshsmom

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goshsmom

In reply to: Don't laugh! October Garden Club Meeting at the Cemetery!

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Don't laugh!  October Garden Club Meeting at the Cemetery!
goshsmom wrote:
Ric, Thanks for the invite. Maybe I'll come in the spring when things are perking up. I plan on getting my bulbs in & starting a long winter of hibernation working on my genealogy stuff.
TImeinabottle, speaking of genealogy & cemeteries, I just located the grave of a relative in Cave Hill Cemetery (at least I found it online). Cave Hill looks gorgeous!
Tabasco, there was a Civil War training camp not too far from Spring Grove: Camp Washington. Now better known for its chili parlor. If you venture even deeper into the west side, you can go to Wesleyan Cemetery in Northside. It has hundreds of Civil War burials, but most are unmarked. Very sadly, the cemetery board of trustees fell into the hands of a man who promptly spent the upkeep funds on his own family (& probably the horses & the girls & the bottle &...you get the picture). There was a neighborhood group trying to mow & keep it up, but I haven't been by lately to see if they got enough $$$ & people power to give it a good mow before winter.
Here is a favorite picture from Wesleyan--- check out the direction of the "S" when it occurs.