Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Seed Snatchin' XVIII - The Seeds Are Sproutin', 0 by soulgardenlove

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright soulgardenlove

In reply to: Seed Snatchin' XVIII - The Seeds Are Sproutin'

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Seed Snatchin' XVIII - The Seeds Are Sproutin'
soulgardenlove wrote:
Yes, I took a rose back to Home Depot...It was right after I bought it.. Took the plastic wrap off and it was cracked all the way up the stem. And your right they don't always know their plants and especially the return people.. so it really doesn't matter.. As long as you have your receipt, they will take it back.. I'm guessing that their guarantee is mostly psycological for most people... Here's how it probably works in most peoples heads.. Customer sees a plant they might want to buy, but have killed so many already.. Hmm what to do?? Well, if it dies, bring it back... and never get around to it when it happens!!

The people at the return counter don't know plants at all.. so if the plant is dead I guess you'd just bag them up and take your receipt and get your money back.

I got two african violets off the clearance rack at Lowes and I need someone to save them from me now! Poor things!

I love that Lowes marks their things down to move them out.. Do yall remember the picture of my minivan loaded with one of my sons in the carseat? That was Lowes in the fall and every perennial was $1. Hmmm making me think it's time to go back and see.. I wish they weren't so far away as the HD is!

Speaking of prices... I had some time to myself on Friday when I snatched some seeds. I went to HD landscape supply and I really almost fell out over some of the prices. I came home and told my husband he is one lucky man to have a woman that is so good at making more plants for next to free and pulling them out of the trash or the distressed sale area!! Not to mention all the incredible gardeners that have so generously shared with me!!

I imagine that some of my neighbors think we are doing very very well.. And while, yes I am very blessed, if I were to have paid full retail for everything in my garden, we certainly wouldn't be in a happy marriage, I can tell you that.

Weezin and anyone else that knows.. I have a question please!! I'm not happy with my front border which is located by the street in front of my picket fence. I just pulled out lots of siberian iris and gifted it as it was not in line with the cottage garden I am trying to create.. Well, we are just about to head into winter and I am looking to spread some seed in places that are now unprotected, fertile open ground.. If I don't the weeds will have a holiday in there and I'll be wondering why I ever took up gardneing to begin with. I have a local feed and seed where they sell winter veggie seed very reasonably.. here's the question.. Which of the following winter seed would you broadcast to hold a flower bed till the spring while still looking reasonably okay? Mustard? Collards? Kale? Mixed greens? Rutabaga?

Thanks for your input!!

Susan