Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Bought a Portable, 0 by forevereden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright forevereden

In reply to: Bought a Portable

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bought a Portable
forevereden wrote:
Ky is nice. It is scary when torandos come. They always are around my house it seems. We have to go into a cellar and hopefully the electricity doesn't go out or the sump pump doesn't pump the cellar. We were down there one night holding a sleeping baby in a foot of water holding flashlights looking for snakes. We have a bad snake problem. I would much rather be growing my orchids out in the trees like they can in the Keys. My greenhouse holds up well to ice and wind though. The shade cloth is tied down pretty good for the wind gusts we get during storms. My greenhouse is supposed to withstand 90 mph winds. I think we have seen maybe 60 or so mph winds during storms. Heck, down in FL, hurricane winds would probably knock it over. Here is a pic I took for insurance purposes because I thought it was going to collapse. It had 7+ inches of ice from a bad ice storm. I was too scared to go in there for a couple of days.