Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: How to calculate greenhouse costs, 0 by Plantcrazii

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Plantcrazii

In reply to: How to calculate greenhouse costs

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How to calculate greenhouse costs
Plantcrazii wrote:
Does anyone know if natural gas can be used to heat a greenhouse? We have natural gas for our inside heater and also for our water heater and stove. So since we already have it for those things, it would be easy to run a line out to the greenhouse. We have a guy that we hire at times to run the lines for us. He did it for our stove. So getting someone to do it is not a problem. I was just wondering if they make natural gas heaters for greenhouses and, if so, do they have to be vented?

Oh, one other question. What do you all keep your temperature set at in your greenhouses? We have this huge attic fan that we sort of took out of the attic because that was all we had at the time. We had just installed both of them in the attic, one to pull air in, and the other to blow it out. So we took one of the fans and put it in the greenhouse. It has a thermostat on it that ranges from 60° to 140°. What should I have it set on? I think it is actually too big for the greenhouse but that is all I have at this time. It says it cools attics up to 2400 sq ft and our greenhouse is only 144 sq ft. Should I continue to use this or should I get a smaller one? Here is a photo of the front and side of the box it came in. I hope it is ok but it if isn't, please tell me so I can get the proper thing. I know one thing for sure, it is never hot in my greenhouse.

Thanks,
Jesse

Editted to say that I did not mean to hijack this thread. I meant to put it as a topic of its own. I'm sorry if I got everyone off on a rabbit trail.

Jesse

This message was edited Aug 31, 2006 9:14 PM