Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Cannas: Sick Cannas, 0 by edenyen500

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright edenyen500

In reply to: Sick Cannas

Forum: Cannas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sick Cannas
edenyen500 wrote:
Hi Steve, Firstly, please go into the link that Brian 259 has mentioned, from there go to factsheets, then to Year 2003,scroll down (I think) to 19/9/03, you will find article on Milk Fungicide : presenter is Malcolm Campbell, please read as this will give you an insight as to how the milk works. As I said I started using it 10 or so years ago on my Roses for black spot, got sick of half choking myself with chemical spray and not to mention what I was doing to the frogs and other little critters, One week I would spray with milk the next week I would feed plants with seaweed and S of P. Very time consuming, so mixed both together and off I went. Milk is also used at our famous Flemington Racecourse for the Roses: re the Spring Carnival. Anyway Steve getting back to whether it worked on the Cannas, not sure yet as I was very late in zooming into the prob last year, I thought it was just our hot summer that had affected them, but it was only 3 out of 120 Cannas that had the prob, so I sprayed twice and left them to go to their winter rest. Curiosity got the better of me 2-3 weeks ago so I dug them only to find new shots on their way. We are one week away from Spring starting here, so I will not know the state of the Cannas for a little while yet, but heres hoping. Cheers Lyn. p.s. will keep you posted. Photo of one of the Cannas affected. Started off great in the season then it took a turn backwards.