Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: I think I'm in love!, 0 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: I think I'm in love!

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I think I'm in love!
wrote:
Herpst, you and Katymac and I would make beautiful music together. Are you in the same profession as I am?

Now, at 6$ that is not what I would consider an expensive annual. Heck, I spent 4 times that last year for a tangerine colored hibiscus that called my name at Lowes, knowing full well it was a siren song and I was about to crash onto the rocks for good. Naturally, it's dead now. And I don't care. You HEAR ME?? I DON'T CARE!! I LOVED THAT PLANT TO DEATH FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE! Here is a photo for your consideration and commiseration. ( If I had found another one this year, I would have bought it again and put it with my cannas. )
I'm sure MzWeazelle feels the same about the glorious bouganvillea. It is a most astounding shade of pink! Really an entirely attractive plant!!

You are so close to zone nine, I would try a microclimate. How about planted next to a nice warm wall that reflects sunlight?? Then, if we were to get a terrible freeze like we got last year, you could just create a cozy little plastic tent for it- like its own little greenhouse- attached to the wall until the bad weather goes away. It could work! Take a cutting and start another one just in case it doesn't.