Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: lily moron, 0 by ladygardener1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladygardener1

In reply to: lily moron

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of lily moron
ladygardener1 wrote:
Greetings back at you Dale, from your neighbor the west end of 6N, LOL

I am a fan of the Lily also, Oriental and Day's are my favorites, I have losted a few in my day, I have clay soil too, but have been adding compost, peat and anything else I can to improve the soil.

I have to tell you this story, more then a few years ago I moved an orange lily, I think it is an Asiatic, really didn't like the color in the bed it was in. I got it dug up and then nature called, I laid it on the deck steps, and ran into the house, when I came out, the bulb was gone!!!!! We had a lot of chipmunks, and squirrels running around, so I guest one of them spotted an free lunch.
But there is a happy ending, about three years ago the lily is back blooming, I must have missed a small baby bulb and it has grown into an adult. LOL

I do use Miracle Grow Weed and Feed, or just the Feed and I love Miracle Grow Moisture Control potting soil in my containers, and the old container soil goes in the compost bin.

Right now I have Color Parade Oriental blooming and the scent is heavenly when I step out my front door! Here is a picture.