Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: show off your blazing stars : ), 0 by gardenobsession

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardenobsession

In reply to: show off your blazing stars : )

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of show off your blazing stars : )
gardenobsession wrote:
Thanks everyone! It is so nice to get feedback. This garden bed was started from scratch this year using some plants from other parts of my garden, some new stuff, some annuals, and a lot of morning glory that self-seeded from last year. I just endured a 2 year renovation of my house including re-siding the exterior of the house. Needless to say, the workers were not very careful and trampled on my azaleas that were pretty ragged looking anyway. Gave me a good reason to rip them out.
Your idea about combining with daylilies is a good one. I have the following daylilies planted and 1-2 scapes on each (Cranberry Coulis, Bela Lugosi, Night Meteor, Plum Cake, Daring Deception, and Edge of Darkness). I just haven't manage to get a photo when lighting was good, it wasn't raining, and a bloom had just opened. Will continue to try - have a few blooms left. I have some hardy geranium, crimson scabiosa, and garden mums in the front. The mid-border has a variety of lilies so that the stems are hidden, backed by the liatris. Here is a look at what this garden bed looked like before the remodeling.