Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

European Gardening: What's your Passion Plant?, 0 by sueone

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sueone

In reply to: What's your Passion Plant?

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's your Passion Plant?
sueone wrote:
Baa, i love foxgloves too, but they don't seem to like me!!...every year I grow loads, plant them out, and they struggle to survive, let alone put on a show...the only ones that do well for me are the perrenial ones with the little yellow flowers(memory loss here as to name) yet my friend who lived opposite me, when she planted plants from me, hers grew huge, and self-seeded eveywhere...sods law.

I'd love to succeed withe reddy coloured one (spanish?) but again managed to germinate them, grew them on, planted them out, they promptly withered away and died..

Bizzylizzy I'm growing chilli peppers this time for the first time,I've never really eaten them before, but son did tuna steaks with a lime, chilli and corriander sauce...mmmm...
I'm afraid these are just plain old chillies 99p from B&Q as mice got in and eat all my seeds in pots in the greenhouse at the start of the year...
they seem to be doing well so far, also the pepper plants I got from the same store.

My passion at the moment (it changes from month to month ) is Salvias, I have quite a few different ones, most of which I have no idea what they are as labels got lost, faded etc.I adore the vivid blue ones.Two pf which I planted last year and thought I'd lost, only just to find them coming up through other plants again..