Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Am I confused again???, 0 by PudgyMudpies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PudgyMudpies

In reply to: Am I confused again???

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Am I confused again???
PudgyMudpies wrote:
Hey Kell, I grow them both & while the leaves are identical, they are not the same. The solid purple Phaseolus is non-fragrant and is commonly found in Lowes & Home Depot in our area. Unless you are at one of your nurseries that carry uncommon things, it is probably the Phaseolus, because Vigna, which is the first link you posted, is highly fragrant and I have never seen it sold anywhere around here. If you get it and it turns out to be phaseolus, I can send you some vigna seeds in the Fall to start for next year. I ran out and snapped a pic of the flowerbuds, my vigna has not bloomed yet, but phaseolus blooms nearly year around. They are both ant/aphid magnets, but I just go out in the morning and give everything a good blast from the hose and wash them down. Then they spend all day getting back into position. LOL As you can see, the buds are very different. Phaseolus (right side of the picture) tends to only have a couple of buds on the end of stems while vigna (left side of picture) has a them running along the length of the stem.
Here is a link to a thread I started last year that should give you alot of info. Hope that helps. :~)
Donna
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/542364/

edited when I saw you posted again, the PlantFiles is correct.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2006 8:37 AM