Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: I think I found a small greenhouse :0)), 0 by Janett_D

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Janett_D

Subject: I think I found a small greenhouse :0))

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I think I found a small greenhouse :0))
Janett_D wrote:
Been searching for a GH and read much info hear and I think I found one affordable for my economy.
It is glass as I absolutely cant afford one in PVC(or what the plastic ones is) as they are WAY expensive here and I do want to see whats growing in there. That you cant do with the PVC ones available here.
Now the measures I describe here will sound odd to you but that is due to us measure in meters and you in feet.

Its 6 ft 6 inch X 10 ft 7 inch about 69 sq ft...........I think
Sidewalls 4 ft 1 inch highest roof point 6 ft 8 inches
One sliding door as the rions have about 2 ft wide
4 roof windows no automatic window openers.

It has what is called an integrated footing or a separate one. :0)) both ARE separate
On the integrated one you put the GH on top of it and screw it down, it costs NADA its included in the price

Separate one! makes the GH sturdier (they claim) and you put the GH inside the footing costs an additional 200 dollars.
I think I rather put those 200 to buy automatic window openers......at least one.
I have been looking at bigger GH:s but they cost at least twice as much but the sq ft isn't twice as big SO I was thinking that if I want bigger I buy one more of this and maybe have a friend help me making those two into one big But that would jeopardize the 12 year warranty for the GH

I wont go for the green colour as its an additional cost of $ 320 for that

NOW I ""may"" use it all winter........ is it anyone that uses the greenhouse and insulate it wintertime with for ex bubble wrap as I have read about some using it or do you have any other idea to winter insulate it without it cost as much as the GH. I do have both kerosene heater and several electric heaters already.

Oh I almost forgot the price...........$ 695 including shipping.
Janett

Juliana Sunseeker GH