Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Gardening is hard, 0 by Bec_No_Va

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bec_No_Va

In reply to: Gardening is hard

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gardening is hard
Bec_No_Va wrote:
Actually, I have the other story, no it has not been hard, as a matter of fact I have had more than good luck (sorry). What I did NOT do was try to balance all the different fertilizers, bug-sprays etc. I just followed what I had learned from my mother and have had a "green arm" it seems, I only just started last year, and yes, I have had a few mishaps, but nothing huge, just a matter of too much rain or not enough. I have container tomatoes (BTW, they do NOT like anything on their leaves, water from below) and berries and they seem to thrive on my 8 x 10 deck. I have not used anything as far as bug sprays, I fertilize when I remember with MG (Tomato, Flower and Regular blue stuff). I am only getting into learning about fertilizers this year and those are for cacti and other tropicals. The planters and containers are exploding and only today do they look miserable due to heavy rainstorms the last two days. I think it can be confusing for new gardeners because there IS SO much information out there, I have a tendency to listen, learn and draw my own conclusions and so far it seems to have worked. Now one thing I DO have trouble with is the grass, I can't keep the lawn alive to save my life!
I am truly sorry to hear about your struggles, but, like ecrane said, read and learn and then figure out what works for you!