Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Whats everyone growing this year?, 0 by Marilynbeth

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Marilynbeth

In reply to: Whats everyone growing this year?

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Whats everyone growing this year?
Marilynbeth wrote:
Hi Steve,

Yes, all the Salvias are in the ground and/or pots. We've had 2-3 days of 90-92 temp. lately here and I haven't been out to take more current pics of them, but I hope to this weekend or so. Some of them 'Cherry Chief' Salvia (have 2) are doing well, especially one of them. I got it at the same garden center (different location) in a very small (3") pot (other one was in a gal. pot) and it's doing good!

One Salvia, "Darcyi", I got this year from Lazy S'S Farm & Nursery (a Garden Watchdog 30 company), is doing great! I love it!!! I'm going to get more of it next year. It's been blooming already, although still on the small side, but I'm impressed. First year experience of it.

I've got another Salvia, "Dark Dancer" from Crownsville Nursery (look in the "C's" section in the garden watchdog. It hasn't bloomed yet, but looks great and healthy too. First year growing it too.

I've got 4 Leucantha Salvias (3 all purple and 1 purple and white). I got the all purple ones at the same garden center I got the "Cherry Chief's and the purple/white one I got from Lazy S'S Farm & Nursery. One of the 3 purple ones is in a 20" pot (good size for the 'larger' Salvias) with Miracle Gro mix and is doing better than the the other 3 purple ones in the ground. I've got the purple/white one in another 20" pot (same mix) and it's doing good too.

I got 2 Pineapple Sage Salvias in their own 20" pot with the same mix. You have to if you're going to pot them up, because they get big and dry up fast. I got a third one in the ground to see how it does.

Golden Delicious Salvia is in a 20" pot too (same mix).

Got Van Houttii Salvia in a 20" pot too (same mix). (Lazy S'S Farm Nursery).

Also, got Salvia microphylla 'San Carlos Festival' in a 20" pot (Lazy S'S Farm Nursery).

Want to give them all plenty of room to grow.

Got 3 20" pots of Salvia patens 'Blue Angel' and have a 20" pot of Salvia patens 'Blue Angel' mixed with Honeydew Salvia (think it's a elegans type).

Got other pots that are 16" on patio and 14" pots that are on the front porch of other Salvias, Fuschias, etc....

This pic is of the 20" and 16" and smaller than 14" pots.