Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Transplanting iris - cutting back?, 0 by gardenobsession

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardenobsession

In reply to: Transplanting iris - cutting back?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Transplanting iris - cutting back?
gardenobsession wrote:
Terrific idea on labeling irises right on the leaves, I too have a bunch that need to be moved later.
Right now I am preparing for my sister's wedding which is going to be held in MY GARDEN!! I have been busy "threatening" my grass with Round-UP if doesn't grow. The challenge I face is that I just finished a huge remodeling project and my entire backyard was demolished. I had to somehow use some very large foundation stones that were removed from my house as part of the renovation. The solution was to terrace the yard using these stones. So, I have a lot of new garden beds to create. As a stop-gap, last fall, I just threw any kind of perrenial seed packets I happened to have received free from real estate agents and gardening clubs - There is a bunch of stuff growing, some things I recognize some I don't. I am afraid to weed too agressively for fear of pulling out some good stuff. Will post pictures as things progress. Here is a picture of the foundation stones that were removed from house (110 years old).