Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: I'm not sure if the cat can claim victory or I can., 0 by mikekilhoffer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mikekilhoffer

Subject: I'm not sure if the cat can claim victory or I can.

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I'm not sure if the cat can claim victory or I can.
mikekilhoffer wrote:
This whole spring the housecat has been moving from raised bed to raised bed thinking that each time I till, it's a brand new litterbox. This is the first year I've allowed him outdoors and he has taken the liberty of going in the great outdoors over using his litterbox. Besides just being gross.... I can't sell or give away produce that grows in kitty litter for fear that some expecting woman would find her way into eating my veggies and fruits.. so after trying the "cat deterrent" granules... the mothballs (until I was told that they actually will kill the cat by destroying their kidney function) (not to mention that the whole garden repelled me more than the cat whom was happy to poop amongst mothballs)..... I have tried chicken wire, netting, and rose brambles... nothing seems to work. So today, when I planted my sweet potatoes and late crop tomatos, I purchased 3500 toothpicks and made the whole area into something resembling a porcupine rug around the sweet potatoes in the center. I think the cat is overmatched this time for sure...... I'm adding a picture, and I need to buy some Ben-Gay for tomorrow after bending over for 2 hours. :) Sorry for the fuzzy picture.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2006 10:11 PM