Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Lilies: First Lily in 7 years!, 0 by BamaBelle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BamaBelle

Subject: First Lily in 7 years!

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of First Lily in 7 years!
BamaBelle wrote:
Seven years ago I pulled up stakes and left my home and hubby and ran away to the Big City. Well, I finally made it back to the south and now have 1/3 of an acre to call my own! I planted a little of this and a little of that....and I've got several Asian lilies up. Almost all of them are covered with buds...but today was the first day that one of them bloomed. The Asians I had 7 years ago were the pink and white....don't know the name...they came in a bulb assortment my mom gave me. When she saw how beautiful the flower was she said if she'd had any idea it would be so beautiful, she never would have given it to me. Ouch! So, when I started my garden this year, my sis brought me a bunch of mixed bulb packages...one of Asians, a couple of galdiola packages in various colors, some calla lilies, some Gloriosa lilies, etc. Anyway, here is the first of the Aisan lily mix. It has a twiun taht will be open tomorrow. Now I can't wait for al the other Asians to bloom!