Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: morning glory support question, weird huh, oh well ;), 0 by PudgyMudpies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PudgyMudpies

In reply to: morning glory support question, weird huh, oh well ;)

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of morning glory support question, weird huh, oh well  ;)
PudgyMudpies wrote:
Morning Glories are rapid growers and get very dense. Whatever you put them on, know that they are going to cover it completely. They will also reseed themselves heavily, so make sure wherever you put them, you are gonna want them popping up on their own every year. LOL
It has to be a sturdy enough to support their weight, I personally have never been a big fan of using string, it has always sagged or broke for me, and if you ARE planning on keeping them in that location for many years, you will probably have to redo/repair it each year. This is just my opinion, so you string users, don't blast me. LOLOL
Or "string" me up. HAR Oh, sorry, back on track, I will show you what I used to use, now I use it for clematis and corkscrew vine, but it has never sagged or needing repair since I have used it.
It is green plastic fencing, I found an old pic before it got covered completely, but it is about 4 feet tall and I have it attached about a foot off the ground, so 5 foot high total. If you wanted it taller, you could always attach it higher. But I got it in the Home Depot outdoor nursery & it was really inexpensive! I am sure they still carry it. I seem to remember it being about $14 for a 15ft roll.
Hope that helps! :~)
Donna