Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: anyone have objections to planting garden b4 mothers day, 0 by Bec_No_Va

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bec_No_Va

In reply to: anyone have objections to planting garden b4 mothers day

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of anyone have objections to planting garden b4 mothers day
Bec_No_Va wrote:
Hi there!
I have been planting Perennials and Annuals for 6 weeks now and have had no problems even when the temps started dipping dangerously low. Call me either really, really lucky or really, really stupid; granted I live in a townhouse with some protection on either side but still....my deck tomatoes and berries are blooming, my water bill has gone up and the flower boxes are brimming!! I have followed absolutely no "rules", correct spacing between plants, what is that? Zone 7, hmmm, should I have paid attention to that? Clay soil....no big deal, added / mixed in some topsoil last year and the plants seem to enjoy that. Seeds instead of seedlings, not a problem, they are coming up with a vengance. The perennials I planted last year are coming up and a lot of them are blooming already. Planted on a whim, spent $$$$$ on mail order / nursery plants and I am already seeing the results!! And it's only May!! Here is a picture of the "dreaded" Gardenia, I had no idea if I was going to get lucky or not, (I read the stories here), they are in big pots on a table with an umbrella for shade. Blooming like crazy! I have had more enjoyment with throwing caution to the wind than I could have ever imagined.....I work from home and need a plant or two to look at to get some calm in my life when I have a deadline hovering over my head. (I work to be able to buy plants!!! )

"Hi, my name is Becky.....and I am an plantoholic"!!