Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: What are some of your best Clematis?, 0 by conifers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright conifers

In reply to: What are some of your best Clematis?

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What are some of your best Clematis?
conifers wrote:
Take a look at this info I've had stored on my computer for several years now. I'm going to give it a try full force this coming year.

Leaf-bud Cuttings
Leaf-bud cuttings are used for many trailing vines and when space or cutting material is limited. Each node on a stem can be treated as a cutting. This type of cutting consists of a leaf blade, petiole, and a short piece of stem with an attached axillary bud. Place cuttings in the medium with the bud covered (1/2 to 1 inch) and the leaf exposed (Figure 4). Examples of plants that can be propagated in this manner include clematis, rhododendron, camellia, jade plant, rubber plant, devil’s ivy, grape ivy, dracaena, blackberry, mahonia, and heart-leaf philodendron.

MISSING PHOTO - WRONG FORMAT - PHOTO BELOW

· Bryant, G. 1995. Propagation Handbook. Stackpole Books: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
· Dirr, M. A. and C. W. Heuser, Jr. 1987. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation: From Seed to Tissue Culture. Varsity Press: Athens, Georgia.
· Hartmann, H. T., D. E. Kester, F. T. Davies and R. L. Geneve. 1996. Plant Propagation, Principles and Practices. 6th ed. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
· McMillan Browse, P. D. A. 1978. Plant Propagation. Simon and Schuster: New York.
· Toogood, A. 1993. Plant Propagation Made Easy. Timber Press: Portland, Oregon

*Accidentally added unrelated info I had saved with this info as well*

Heres a photo of what is being explained with these "leaf bud cuttings".

I already plan to use my greenhouse with this shade cloth on always and have a contiunous mister that pushes water condensated air (I bought the thing at Walgreens Drug Store - It's made by 'Sunbeam') with bottom heat.....everything Wallaby says, basically.

This information I got off the internet - sorry I don't have links nor do I know where it came from! It was meant for me to refer to only for myelf so please excuse the plagurize! It's worth sharing however.

Dax

This message was edited Mar 4, 2006 10:08 PM