Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Hydrangeas: Would anyone over here be able to shed some light on this?, 0 by gemini_sage

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gemini_sage

In reply to: Would anyone over here be able to shed some light on this?

Forum: Hydrangeas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Would anyone over here be able to shed some light on this?
gemini_sage wrote:
Pixy, I'm finding myself loving the Japanese lacecaps to. I planted 'Shamrock' (from Bluestone perennials) last year. It was in a 4" pot and did it ever take off! Keeping my fingers crossed for blooms this year. I have always loved hydrangeas, but now that I live in a wooded environment (they love it!) I can collect them with reckless abandon!

Such great info on this thread, and much appreciated. The possibility posted above about the discovery of the reblooming capability perhaps coming from a florist hydrangea got me wondering. I work at a florist, and brought home some potted hydrangeas after Mother's Day a couple of years ago that were past their prime( 2 Nikko Blue and 2 unknown pink). Last winter they died back to about 6", but all bloomed beautifully last summer. It was quite a suprise for me. Is that normal?
Neal