Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Deterring Digging Cats in the Garden, 0 by orchidfancy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright orchidfancy

In reply to: Deterring Digging Cats in the Garden

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Deterring Digging Cats in the Garden
orchidfancy wrote:
Swamps we have plenty on the eastern shore , those I dont mind those, I like wildlife habitats not slosshy messes like in my back yard right now. I cant even get close to my veggie garden not that I can do anything with it it is covered with leaves that are composting with the wood ashes from the fireplace and some lime for spring.
Right now I like to cover it up with black plastic to make the compost cook faster. This year I want to be early to plant my veggies oposed to last year when I did my transplant is August...
The only good part about a wet back yard is that a month from now it will be covered with marsh marigold that looks pretty .When I moved in this house 34 years ago nothing grew. the yard was burried under couple feet of leaves that had not been raked for years. once raked I discovered that the soil was pure clay. so I made the best of it and planted azaleas. Most of the azaleas that I have I have propagated myself . I have a neighboor that had anice collection and he gave me some layerings . From there I made my own. here is a picture of some of my azaleas.