Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Proof that Phil is right about not tossing out plants..., 0 by Equilibrium

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Equilibrium

Subject: Proof that Phil is right about not tossing out plants...

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Proof that Phil is right about not tossing out plants...
Equilibrium wrote:
Proof that Phil is right about not tossing out plants... that you think are dead.

At the end of last summer this plant went dormant. It did so about 2 months earlier than it has in subsequent years and I was convinced it was toast.

Veterans are always harping to not toss plants just because they look dead. Normally I would have pitched it to be able to re-use the pot but for what ever reason this little voice told me not to pitch it but to move it into the garage and keep it ever so damp. I forgot it out there and I can tell you it dried out completely for at least a month until I found it and added some water. Lo and behold I walked out into the garage yesterday to check on all of my plants and found the thing in the equivalent of total darkness on a bottom shelf where I had stashed about 3 or 4 other plants trying its darndest to shoot up new growth. I refer to that lower shelf as my dead plant graveyard. My 5 year old Drosera binata that I had grown from seed is alive. I moved it into the house on to a plant stand.