Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Free Mystery Tree?, 0 by snidelywhiplash

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright snidelywhiplash

Subject: Free Mystery Tree?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Free Mystery Tree?
snidelywhiplash wrote:
Hi all! Just migrated here from Somewhere Else, and I gotta good one for my first post....

My FIL calls yesterday - he does concrete work, some grading, etc. Asks if I want a tree for the yard at our soon-to-be-built house. Of course I did, so I met him at the lot where we'll soon be building. He's got this...TREE on his trailer. Turns out a developer he knows needed it moved or removed, so he figured it'd at least be worth a shot to transplant it. And who can pass up a free tree, especially one that's gotta be 15-20 feet tall? Thing is, neither of us know what kind of tree it is. So I turn to you all for help. I'm posting a composite pic in this post (I've tried to keep it reasonably small), and can post/email larger pics if anyone needs them.

The bark leads me to think it might be some kind of birch, or maybe an ornamental cherry of some sort, but that's a pretty big spread there. So any help would be appreciated, so I can make sure to plant the bugger in the right place. : )

Thanks!
Jason