Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: My cybister amaryllis bulbs came, and wow!, 0 by kbaumle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kbaumle

Subject: My cybister amaryllis bulbs came, and wow!

Forum: Amaryllis and Hippeastrums

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My cybister amaryllis bulbs came, and wow!
kbaumle wrote:
I ordered 'La Paz' cybister amaryllis bulbs from EasyToGrowBulbs.com and they came last week. I had them sent to work so they wouldn't get caught out in the cold and I just got back to work today and got them. WOW. They're huge! (Well, I think they are, compared to other amaryllis bulbs I've got.) And one of them has a little bulblet! I put all three in one pot, really close together (but not touching), so I'm hoping for a wonderful 'bunch of blooms' in a couple of months.

There was quite a bit of dried roots, but plenty of healthy ones, too. I cut the dried ones off and trimmed the dried parts off the healthy ones that needed trimming. One had a tiny mushy spot on it, but I don't think it will matter a whole lot. Here's a picture of the bulbs. The one nasty spot on the one on the upper right isn't anything. It looks bad in the picture, but it's really not.