Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Building a bog. Have any advice?, 0 by Badseed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Badseed

In reply to: Building a bog. Have any advice?

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Building a bog.  Have any advice?
Badseed wrote:
The area above slopes just slightly to the area in this picture. There is a hump between them right next to this grape arbor. I want to get rid of the area in this pic. I am planning to drain it off to a small lake that I will be digging as soon as I get around to buying drain tile and renting an escavator again. The water sits very deep here. There was also a bad spot to the left of the garage and on the far side but I fixed the drainage there.

I'll have to find and post the pics of the rain water. Sigh. We just bought this property in September so we are just now discovering the quirks and will have to figure out how best to work with them. For anyone that missed it, I packed up my 1/4 acre yard stuffed with plants and have been busy moving them to my new 7 1/4 acre yard. LOL My goal is to open a commercial nursery in by 2007. I'm hoping to have things moving sooner than that but if I just sell plants curbside next year or even down in town that'll be fine with me. It will give me time to set up a website and also time to get a feel for the local people and what they like. :)